Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Proposal

The Proposal
          If your one of my face book friends then you already know I’m a cheese ball when it comes to loving my Miss Brittany. Found my best-friend and life partner in crime. On that note, I want to share my proposal story with ya.
         Brittany and I were planning a trip to Paris. Now knowing that Brittany loves romance and fairytales ,and honestly I'm probably not the most romantic guy, but I figured proposing in Paris should at least get me to our 10th anniversary. Now we were off to the airport. The whole time im sweating bullets knowing that one of these amateur agents are going to search my bag and blow my cover by showing the ring. As my bag went through the x-ray machine the gentleman looked at me and I politely scoured back with the you blow my cover you die look. So, he kindly smiled and I moved on my way. We get to Paris and started enjoying the sites and history. This whole time Brittany has no clue the bomb I'm going to drop on her. Long story short, the third day of vacation we are taking in the sites and I mention that we should hang out by the Eiffel tower that night and drink some wine. So, we walked everywhere to find a bottle of wine to consume. Finally we found a small convenient store and made the purchase. The ring was in my suit coat pocket. As Brittany walked out of the store, I pulled out the ring and showed it to the clerk.. He said something to me in French, which I hope was nice, and winked at me. Understand we had been walking all day. So Brittany says why we don’t just call it a night. I look at her and try not to blow my top from the tension of holding in this secret for the three days on the trip. I told her we were drinking wine by the Eiffel tower and that's all there is to it. We head to the Eiffel tower to find a spot to sit and drink. Well I’m thinking of a strategy of how I’m going to pull this off. I made a decision in my mind that I was going to find an English speaking person to take our picture by the tower. At that time I would pop the question. Finally I spotted some Brits sitting and enjoying a game of cards while drinking wine. I walk over to them and whisper that I’m about to propose to my girlfriend and if they would be so kind to take a picture when I do it. I walk back to Brittany and tell her that were going to get our pic taken in front of the tower and these kind Brits were going to take it. So stand up for the pic and I look at Miss Brittany and start giving my schpeal. She's not paying attention to me and says quit talking they're trying to take a pic. I look at her like she’s nuts and state that honey you need to listen to me. She continues how we need to hurry so they can take the pic. Finally I just dropped to my knee so she could get a clue of what I was attempting to do. She finally realized. She was stunned. She didn't even look at the ring. I had to shove the ring in her face. She said yes, fortunately. It was perfect timing. From 10pm until midnight at the strike of the hour the Eifel Tower lights up like a million flashing stars. It started flashing during the proposal. The lawn was full of people clapping and the moment will always be treasured by us both.
If you have a great proposal story please feel free to submit it.  If you like the story please share it on your facebook/twitter/etc.  Thanks for viewing!

4 comments:

  1. Very romantic Nate! I had no idea you had such a soft side bud! I'm sure you guys will have an amazing life together! You're both lucky people! Or should I say blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brett! I'm not much of a softy, but ya gotta step your game up when you've found the one. Plus I made her watch Taken before we went to Paris to let her know whats up if she says no...lol Look forward to you guest submission...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute proposal story! Lots of romantic grandeur! One of my girlfriends told me about your blog and how it has helped shed insight with revamping her business. Thanks for your blog! It's helping people in more ways than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks Sidney!! Thanks so much for the compliment. If you or your friend ever want to share a few words of motivation, have a video, or a funny story feel free to submit it to reynoldswrapping.blogspot.com Again I extremely appreciate the compliment. Makes writing this blog all worth it. Have a blessed week. Hope to hear more from you soon

    ReplyDelete